Yes, in Western culture we don’t typically think of vegetables for breakfast, but we’ve found that starting the day off with some cooked veggies mixed with other gallbladder-healthy ingredients gets us started on the right foot. It also fits in well with a low-carb diet.
- Broccoli or spinach: Cook up some spinach or broccoli. We heat up or microwave a half a cup of frozen veggies, but fresh would probably be better. Eat as much as you want!
- Flax seed oil: Drizzle on a teaspoon of flax seed oil.
- Apple cider vinegar: Pour in a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Garlic: About a ¼ teaspoon of minced garlic help give some more anti-oxidants to the mix.
- Turmeric/curry spice: Turmeric is great for your gallbladder, so we sprinkle some turmeric into the mixture
Stir it up and enjoy!